Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dreamsongs: Volume 1 - Part 1

First, sorry for the delay on making this, life got a bit busy and then my book vanished on me. Finally found it, in the last place I looked, of course: My car.

So! I have it now, heh. And figure its time to start a reading for it. Not sure how many of you are going to join in, so for the first part I figure I'll give it two weeks time. Plenty of time to get a book (if you don't have it at the moment), maybe let stragglers in.

Anyway, part 1. Both volumes of Dreamsongs are helpfully split up into subsections, so we'll just go with that. For the most part, each section follows a theme. It also starts with a small autobiographical bit from the author, George R R Martin.

So, for the first reading, Part 1, A Four-Color Fanboy. This includes the following three stories:

  • Only Kids Are Afraid Of The Dark
  • The Fortress
  • And Death His Legacy
Simple enough stuff at the start, as I recall. I believe some of these are his earliest works (fitting then that they show up at the start of his sorta-autobiography), so they may be a bit rough around the edges, but still a good read, I think. I'll make the discussion post for this on October 26th.

Happy reading!

3 comments:

Istari the Angel said...

I'm in, will order the book tonight.

Karla said...

I just downloaded it for my Kindle from the library. Looking forward to starting it.

Kate said...

I have the book from the library, so I'll start reading this week.